Saturday, 21 June 2014

I am Back with a Bang!


Dear Blog,

I can't believe it's almost three months since I last blogged here. A whole lot has happened in my life since then and I just hope you will forgive me for abandoning you this length of time. It was by no way intentional. Each time I remember you, my heart skips a beat because I know you will be terribly angry with me. Dear blog, because to err is human and to forgive is divine, please forgive me. I promise to make amends and never to leave you for this length of time.

 First, I contested for an election in my department and won. I am now the president of National association of Information Technology Students FUTO chapter. This is the association covering all students of Information Management Technology department in FUTO.

This new office no doubt comes with its own enormous responsibility. Unfortunately for me, I did promise a lot during my campaign and for me it's ‘deliver your promises or die trying’. I do not want to be like those politicians I scold daily on the social media for not keeping to their promises. I recently joined the GEMSTONE group, which is a leadership development institution with a distinct mandate to raise a Generation of leaders that are Empowered, Motivated and Stirred to Operate with Natural Excellence (GEMSTONE) and part of my GEMSTONE pledge is to “Be My Best In All I Do, Particularly The Things I Am Naturally Good At”. So I just have to be the best of the bests. I want to leave a standard every other person will want to beat. I pray God give me the strength and wisdom to achieve all these.

Back to the GEMSTONE issue, how many of you believe with Fela Durotoye that Nigeria will be the most desirable nation to live in by 2025? If like me you believe in the possibility of this, then contribute your quota to it’s actualization by taking the following pledge.

1. Make a positive impact on everyone I meet and everywhere I go
2. Be a role model worthy of emulation
3. Be a solution provider and not a part of the problem to be solved
4. Be my best in all I do particularly the things I am naturally good at
6. Value time and make the best of it.
5. Do the right thing at all times regardless of who is doing the wrong thing
7. Care and show respect through my words and actions
8. Consciously build a great legacy starting now, today and every day.
9. Live a life of integrity and honour.
10. Make my family, my nation & my god proud

These 10 pledges above constitutes the values GEMSTONE  is promoting. You can read more about gemstone at www.gemstoneng.org.

Okay blog, enough of this GEMSTONE ish. School just resumed and yours truly is already back and ready for the new and challenging semester and my major plan is to produce the first ever departmental magazine. Hopefully by third of July the publication will be out, but before then be rest assured that you will be carried along #NoSideling.

Lemme catch up with other things.

See you blog

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web design