Friday, 4 November 2011

TIMAYA SET TO RELEASE NEW ABULM AND MEMOIR


Egberi papa 1 of Bayelsa Timaya is set to release his new collaborative album with the Dem Mama Soldiers before the end of this year.The album is titled "Long life and prosperity".
Already, some songs off the album, which would be marketed by T.Joe who has reportedly doled out N15million for the marketing rights, have made their ways to the airwaves. One of the tracks, Bury My Mama, is a call on to God to grant him and his fans long life in the face of the spate of deaths that have hit the music industry in recent time submitting that he would be the one to bury his mother and not the other way round. He specifically rues the untimely and devastating deaths of MC Loph, CD John and Da Grin who all died in car accidents in their prime. 



To be released along side the album is his memoir titled "The Plantain Boy". He says, “My music is autobiographical in nature, still, I decided to document the story of my life in a book form especially for the millions of Niger Delta kids who are suffering from the things that plagued my childhood and teenage years, to know that I hawked plantain to support my family when our fortunes nosedived. And that I suffered greatly before finding my feet in the music industry. Essentially, this book aims to inspire youths to reach for the skies and not be daunted by prevailing challenges; and to be the best in everything they do without losing their values.”
 
He further says, “This book is about Timaya’s good and bad times; the times of excruciating wants and relative plenty; and an excursion and exploration of where I am coming from. To a lot of people, I may be too young to reflect on life. And they may be right. But I believe that I would be wasting my blessings and influence in today’s Nigeria if I failed to employ these to shed light on the experiences that have caused me to say the things I say and make the kind of music I make.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web design